There are lots of ways for you to meet new friends at OLUMC! Here are just a few:
Kids and Youth
Check out our Student and Family Ministries page for more information.
First Tuesday Group
First Tuesday Group gathers in the Hospitality Center on the first Tuesday of the month from 10:00 a.m. to about 1:00 p.m. and sits together while working on projects. Bring your scrapbooking, knitting, sewing, writing, card addressing, or craft with you and join in the fellowship. If you would like to learn how to knit, they will gladly teach you. Bring your lunch.
Chair Yoga Class
OLUMC’s chair yoga class meets on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. in room 207/the Parlor. The class is designed to meet the specific needs of senior adults and those with limited mobility. This class includes a combination of stretching and breathing exercises designed to relieve stress and to increase mobility and body awareness. All poses are done seated or standing and the chair is there for your safety and support. There is no need to bring a yoga mat. This class is also open to anyone new to yoga, recovering from injuries or just looking for a more gentle based yoga class. Please wear comfortable, stretchy clothing.
Are you “50 or better?” This enthusiastic group of older adults enjoys trips, outings, parties, and special events throughout the year.
This group helps lead worship at the 11:00 a.m. service each week and sings for special seasonal worship services as well. Rehearsals are on Wednesdays in the Sanctuary from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 10:15 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. Hear our choir sing:
- Front Desk: For more information, contact Heather Gottas in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 521-5197 ext. 115.
- Community Outreach Center: Sundays at A Time to Serve
- Child Development Center: We are looking for adults who would like to come read to kids! For more information, contact the Child Development Center at email@example.com or (214) 521-0900.
- Alan Ross Freedom Parade: Oak Lawn UMC participates in the yearly Alan Ross Freedom Parade. Please join us – but remember to get here early as the streets around the church will be blocked off for the parade.
- Oak Lawn UMC Community Meal – Looking for a free bite to eat on Sunday afternoons or for a volunteer opportunity to share food with our neighbors? Join us on Sunday evenings at 5:00pm to eat. Come in at 4:00pm to help.
- AA & CMA – Are you in recovery from addiction to Alcohol or Crystal Meth? Two Alcoholics Anonymous Groups and a Crystal Meth Anonymous Group meet in our church. For more info about meeting times and places, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are struggling with addiction, you can also find more information and resources here: https://www.drugrehab.com/recovery/faith-and-religion-in-recovery/
For more information about any of these groups, contact the Church Office at (214) 521-5197 or email@example.com.